What is Respite Breaks?
Respite Breaks Ltd was initiated by directors of Care First. This initiative was influenced by Care First’ students, their relatives and needs of many other families in West Midlands region.
Respite Breaks Epwell Rd was officially opened on the 15th of January 2021 following CQC registration with aim to support adults between 18-65 of age and have the following diagnosis: learning disabilities, autism, behaviours that challenge and other coexisting conditions.
Respite Breaks is a small service offering accommodation to a maximum of two service users at a time.
It is located 5 miles away from Birmingham City Centre with good public transport links, the bungalow has its own front and back garden and offers three bed accommodation on a short-term basis (starting from a minimum of 2 days). The space around the house allows each individual privacy as well as areas where they can socialise with others, whilst its location allows access to local shops and other community resources.
Respite Breaks works closely with sister company, Care First, sharing positive experience and practices in order to provide support by well trained and qualified staff. Many service users attend both provisions Respite Breaks and Care First which gives some reassurance to families due to consistency in approach. This also creates opportunity for both services to look at each individual holistically and integrally.
In November 2022 Respite Breaks has become part of larger provider Outcome First Group.
Why choose Respite Breaks?
- Increased opportunities to relax and regain energy
- Having more time to meet your own needs and enjoy your hobbies
- Being able to attend events, family and friends gatherings
- Manage to plan ahead and commit to personal appointments/ travels
- Having opportunities to relax in a homely environment
- Interaction with staff who promotes positive behaviour support
- Engaging in different tasks and activities
- Developing new friendships
Inspired to make a difference with bespoke care provision.